FAQ Automotive Window Tint – Suntek

Frequently Asked Questions:   Automotive Window Tint – SunTek


How do I choose a shade?  The lower the number, the darker the shade.  For example 05% is darker than 15%.  Most factory shaded glass on SUV’s are approximately 25-30% for a reference.   

What is the legal window limit in my state?  We use www.tintlaws.com as a reference. 

What size roll should I buy?  If you are just starting out window tinting and looking for the most cost effective sizes, we recommend buying a 40” and a 24” wide roll.  The 40” will cover every back window and most car windows which are less than 20” wide.  You will be able to split the 40” in half to cover the side windows.  The 24” is mostly used for side windows that are bigger than 20”.  24” is commonly used on truck side windows.  As you get more experienced and are doing more cars, you can save money by buying other size rolls to eliminate waste. 

What size films do you carry?  We stock 20”, 24”, 36”, 40” and 60” wide rolls. These rolls are 100' in length.

Can you cut down rolls?  Yes, we can cut down a 100' length roll to a 50' length roll, however it will have to be on a 36" wide or larger width roll. 

What is the cost for patrial rolls? The 50' roll would cost half of what the 100' roll costs, plus $25 for a cut fee. 

What starter tools do you recommend?  We recommend that you visit the "Tool Packages" section.  http://www.windowfilmsupplies.com/tint-tools-1/tool-packages.html.